Sunday, April 3, 2011

Poetry In The Temple

Jehanah at the Sacred Grounds















Poetry is my doctor.
Poetry is my priest.
Poetry will fight for me when no one else will.
Poetry will hold me and cradle me, and
Poetry will rock me softly like my mother ocean.
Poetry will love me and poetry will forgive me
And curse me and contend with me.
Poetry will read me my rights
And take them away, and laugh
And cry.  Poetry will remember my friends to me...
The long-dead ghosts the most.
Poetry will come to me like family
To teach me thy family ways.
Poetry will birth me and run with me, and
Lie with me on my deathbed,
Holding my hands in perfect peace.
Poetry will bring me the Meaning.
Poetry will forget everything
In one blinding flash of light.
Poetry will be everywhere in
The You-n-Eye Verse Past/Present/Future
Simultaneously at once
Forever and ever and ever.
Amen.
(New words of poetry always come)
Poetry is the Temple.
I cannot find a way out.
Poetry is.

No comments:

Post a Comment